Dr Niall O`Connell
Having trained originally in Trinity College Dublin as a Physiotherapist, I have a keen interest in diagnosing and treating many musculoskeletal issues in particular sports related injuries.
I offer patients the option of joint injections within the setting of our practice for those I feel will benefit most from such intervention.
I left this career path to pursue a fulfilling career in medicine in the UK and post qualification trained in both General Medicine and Paediatrics. I maintain a special interest in child health. I subsequently opted to follow a career path in General Practice, affording me the opportunity to utilise my hospital experience in the community and provide ongoing care to patients and their families. Throughout my training I have gained experience in many other subspecialties including Geriatrics, Endocrinology, General Medicine, Respiratory, Cardiology and Haematology. I also am experienced in minor surgery: a service I will be bringing to Glasnevin Family Practice. I have pursued further post graduate training in dermatology and dermoscopy use and am most happy to assess patients with skin issues including moles and growths and where necessary will offer surgical biopsy or removal here within the practice.
• Qualified Chartered Physiotherapist
• Medical Degree: Graduated University of Leicester 2012
• Mid Leinster/HSE Specialist Training Programme 2020
• Awarded Membership of Irish College of General Practitioners 2020
• Postgraduate Qualifications in Cliinical Dermatology, Dermoscopy, Botulinum Injections, Joint Injections